作者amanda30 (咖啡因中毒)
看板Translation
标题[中英] 请帮我看看这篇翻译~~
时间Sun Oct 3 23:46:21 2010
临危受命要翻译公司简介影片的字幕,本身非专业人士怕翻的不好
要是影响到公司业务就不好了XD
麻烦请帮我看看哪里需要修正,感谢!!
It all began with an idea,
一切开始於一个想法
to make technology accessible and affordable to everyone.
要让每个人可以负担得起和使用科技
Because access to technology shouldn’t be a privilege.
因为科技的使用不该是种特权
Because technology is an essential requirement for human success.
因为科技是人类发展成功的重要条件
Because technology can change the world.
因为科技能改变世界
Twenty-five years ago we imagined the world where technology works seamlessly in service of people.
25年前我们想像着一个科技无所不能的世界
Enable them to fulfill their dreams and do more of what they like.
可以使人们实现愿望和做更多想要做的事
And everything we do today is a support to this dream.
而我们今天所做的一切都为支持这个梦想
Our members try to make technology simpler,
我们的成员尝试简化科技
to make it more efficient,
使它更有效率
to make it work harder for our customers,
使它为我们的客户服务更尽力
to enable people and organizations everywhere to grow and thrive.
也使它能帮助世界各地的人们和组织成长茁壮
And because every single person plays a part in bringing this purpose to life.
因为每一个人皆参与投入实践这个理想
We can say that today,
今天我们可以说
because of you, a young boy in rural China and thousands more like him can realize their dreams of education.
因为有你,一个中国农村的小男孩和更多数以千计像他一样的孩童能实现上学的愿望
Today, because of you, women in Gauteng, South Africa have a chance to long life thanks to early breast cancer detection.
今天因为有你,南非豪登省的妇女多亏於早期的乳癌检测而得以延长寿命
Today, because of you, children in Sri Lanka will not have to suffer the health and environmental effects of E-waste.
今天因为有你,斯里兰卡的儿童将不需再遭受电子废弃物对健康和环境的影响
Today, because of you, a small business is opening in stores for the first time in Calcutta.
今天因为有你,加尔各答商店开始有了小型企业 (p.s.这句最没把握可也想不出更好的字句)
Today, because of you, technology is enabling human potential everywhere.
今天因为有你,科技得以实现人类所有潜能
This is why we do what we do, each and every day.
这就是我们每一天所做的每一件事的原因
Because when technology works better in service of people,
因为当科技为人类提供更好的服务时
Communities thrive,
社会因而繁荣
The world thrives,
世界因而茁壮
And so do we.
而我们也是。
--
※ 发信站: 批踢踢实业坊(ptt.cc)
◆ From: 220.136.106.202
1F:推 shuen1217:我看前几句想说 翻得满好的 英文很顺 不过好像是英翻中? 10/04 23:27
2F:→ johanna:写明翻译方向的确比较好...我去置底文多补充一些例子吧 @@ 10/04 23:55
3F:→ tengharold:可能加个>就好了,如[日>中]? 或是加->,如[日->中]? 10/05 00:34
4F:→ johanna:照顺序就好了。英译中就用[英中],中译英就用[中英]... 10/05 00:37