作者rhu (马的你不可思议)
看板politics
标题Re: [问题] 指控王金平关说的理由
时间Fri Sep 13 01:22:33 2013
林肯:如果我们成功了
If we succeed?
林肯:你担心黑人要面对什麽情况吗?
Are you afraid of what lies ahead for your people?
黑人太太:白人希望我们离开美国
White people don't want us here.
林肯:很多人是不希望 - 那你呢?
- Many don't. - What about you?
林肯:凯克里太太,我不认识你们
I don't know you, Mrs. Keckley.
林肯:我不认识你们任何一个人
Any of you.
林肯:你对我来说很熟悉
You're familiar to me, as all people are.
林肯:所有的人都是…
Unaccommodated, poor, bare,
林肯:不适应、可怜、赤裸的两脚动物
forked creatures such as we all are.
林肯:我们都是
林肯:你们有权利跟我有相同的期待
You have a right to expect what I expect,
林肯:我们的期待很有可能
林肯:不难让彼此理解
and likely our expectations are not incomprehensible to each other.
林肯:我想我会习惯你们
I assume I'll get used to you.
林肯:你们对国家来说会是什麽
But what you are to the nation,
林肯:一旦奴隶时代过去後
what'll become of you once slavery's day is done, I don't know.
林肯:你们会变成如何
黑人太太:这一点我不知道
What my people are to be, I can't say.
黑人太太:我不能说我们黑人会如何
黑人太太:黑人为了自由抗争并牺牲性命
Negroes have been fighting and dying for freedom
黑人太太:由於第一个黑人是奴隶
since the first of us was a slave.
黑人太太:我从来没听人问过自由会带来什麽
I never heard any ask what freedom will bring.
黑人太太:自由是第一位
Freedom's a first.
黑人太太:至於我…
As for me
黑人太太:我儿子为北军牺牲性命
My son died, fighting for the Union
黑人太太:他身穿北军的蓝色军服
wearing the Union blue.
黑人太太:他为了自由而死
For freedom he died.
黑人太太:而我是他的母亲
I'm his mother.
黑人太太:这就是我对这个国家的意义
That's what I am to the nation, Mr. Lincoln.
黑人太太:林肯先生
What else must I be?
黑人太太:我还能是什麽?
--
※ 发信站: 批踢踢实业坊(ptt.cc)
◆ From: 36.232.164.94
1F:→ Aadmiral:能不能说明一下和王金平有何关系? 61.62.72.73 09/13 08:05
2F:推 pennymarkfox:翻的有点...不通顺111.235.218.252 09/13 12:20
3F:推 genewing:可以说中文吗??? 123.110.2.138 09/13 12:32
※ 编辑: rhu 来自: 36.232.164.94 (09/13 14:32)