作者precession (little-boy)
看板NTU-Archery
标题买一个小时 (英汉对照)
时间Tue Dec 2 08:52:09 2003
※ [本文转录自 NTU-Karate 看板]
作者: precession (little-boy) 看板: NTU-Karate
标题: 买一个小时 (英汉对照)
时间: Tue Dec 2 08:51:38 2003
A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his
5-year old son waiting for him at the door.
一位爸爸下班回到家很晚了,很累并有点烦, 发现他五岁的儿子靠在门旁等他.
"Daddy, may I ask you a question?"
"爸,我可以问你一个问题吗?"
"Yeah sure, what is it?" replied the man.
"当然可以,什麽问题?" 父亲回答
"Daddy, how much do you make an hour?"
"爸,你一小时可以赚多少钱?"
"That's none of your business. why do you ask such a thing?" the man said angrily.
"这与你无关,你为什麽问这个问题?" 父亲生气的说着
"I just want to know. please tell me, how much do you make an hour? "
Pleaded the little boy.
"我只是想要知道, 请告诉我, 你一小时赚多少钱?" 小孩哀求着
"if you must know, I make $20 an hour."
"假如你一定要知道的话, 我一小时赚20块美金 "
"Oh, " the little boy replied, with his head down. looking up, he said,
"喔" 小孩低着头这样回答着. 小孩说
"Daddy, may I please borrow $10?"
"爹地, 可以借我10块美金吗?"
The father was furious, "if the only reason you asked that is so you
can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then
you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. think about
why you are being so selfish.
I work long hard hours everyday and don't have time for such this
childish behavior."
父亲发怒了. "如果你问这问题只是要借钱去买毫无意义的玩具或东西的话,给
我回到你的房间并上床 . 好好想想为什麽你会那麽自私."
"我每天长时间辛苦工作着,没时间和你玩小孩子的游戏."
The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door.
小孩安静地回自己房并关上门.
The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions.
这位父亲坐下来还对小孩的问题生气
How dare he ask such questions only to get some money?
他怎麽敢只为了钱而问这种问题?
After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down, and started to think
约一小时後, 他平静下来了, 开始想着
He may have been a little hard on his son.
他可能对孩子太凶了
Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $10 and
he really didn't ask for money very often.
或许他应该用那10块钱美金买小孩真正想要的, 让他不用常常要钱
The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.
父亲走小孩的房门并打开门
"Are you asleep, son?" he asked.
"你睡了吗孩子?" 他问着
"No daddy, I'm awake," replied the boy.
"爸,还没,我还醒着." 小孩回答着
"I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier," said the man,
"我想过了,我刚刚可能对你太凶了"父亲说着
"It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. here's the $10 you asked for."
"我将今天的闷气都爆发出来了. 这是你要的10块钱美金"
The little boy sat straight up, smiling. "Oh, thank you daddy!" he yelled.
小孩笑着坐直了起来, "爹地,谢谢你" 小孩 叫着
Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills.
接着小孩从枕头下拿出一些被弄皱了的钞票
The man, seeing that the boy already had money, started to get angry again.
这父亲看到小孩已经有钱了,快要再次发脾气
The little boy slowly counted out his money, then looked up at his father.
这小孩慢慢地算着钱,接着看着他的爸爸
"Why do you want more money if you already have some?" the father grumbled.
"为什麽你已经有钱了还要要更多?" 父亲生气的说着
"Because I didn't have enough, but now I do," the little boy replied.
"因为我之前不够,但我现在足够了"小孩回答
"Daddy, I have $20 now. can I buy an hour of your time? Please come
home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you"~~~~~~~~~
"爸,我现在有20块钱了. 我可以向你买一个小 时的时间吗? 明天请早一点回家
我想和你一起吃晚餐."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*******~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Share this story with someone you like, but even better, share $20
worth of time with someone you love.
将这个故事与你所喜欢的人分享,但更重要的,与你所爱的人分享这价值20块美
金的时间
It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life.
这只是提醒辛苦工作的各位
We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent
some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts.
我们应该花一点时间来陪那些在乎我们,关心我们的人而不让时间从手指间溜走
--
曾经沧海难为水 除却巫山不是云
取次花丛懒回顾 半缘修道半缘君
--
※ 发信站: 批踢踢实业坊(ptt.cc)
◆ From: 139.223.28.55
--
※ 发信站: 批踢踢实业坊(ptt.cc)
◆ From: 139.223.28.55
※ 编辑: precession 来自: 139.223.28.55 (12/09 16:59)